Sunday, September 04, 2005

Burning pain!

My husband and I went to a wine festival this afternoon and had a delightful time. The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing, the samples of food and wine were quite tasty. Did I mention the sun was shining? I always put on sunblock after my shower, but I have gotten rather accustomed to the coverage of work clothes and spending all day in an office building, as opposed to shorts and a v-neck t-shirt in a sunny open field. Let's just say I wasn't quite as thorough as I should have been. I have a ring of sunburn around my neck, clearly defining the space between my shirt collar and where I stopped applying sunblock. I also apparently forgot that there is a back to my legs and have much painful red skin along my calves and up to the back of my knees. Ouch!

My husband, wonderful man that he is, made a special trip to get me some soothing lotion to help with the pain. I'm not feeling too bad right now, but I'm really not looking forward to trying sleep comfortably tonight. I think I'll have to dope myself up with aloe vera and hold very still.

No comments: