Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Is it worthwhile to make something nobody wants?

Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic, but I have strong doubts that anyone is ever going to use the project I have been working on for the past couple of years. We're nearly at the end of this research project and need to get more funding somehow if anything more is to come from it, but it seems that no one is interested in it. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to give a sales pitch for this thing, because I am not all that enthusiastic about its prospects. This afternoon I learned of the additional functionality I'll have to force into the program in an attempt to impress people who are already tied to a different approach. How much time would we all save if we just admitted that this is all a dead end?

Oh well, at least I get paid for this.
Categories:

No comments: