Monday, February 25, 2008

Would "just knit properly" be too glib?

I've knit most of my swatches for the Master Knitter Level 1 program, so I sat down in attempt to start answering the questions. Okay, can't answer the questions about my swatch gauge until I actually block them, so skip ahead a bit. How many rows make a garter ridge? Oh, that one is easy! How would you solve these tension problems? (Followed by five or size bullet points of different problems.) A couple of the issues I've encountered, but I'm not sure how you would ever run into some of the others. Maybe I should start reading some novice knitter forums just to see what sort of strange issues they are having, since I'm not entirely sure what you would have to be doing to result in some of the problems in that list. Anyway, that soured me on the questions for today, so I spent the rest of the afternoon playing around on the internet instead. :)

No comments: