Thursday, May 01, 2008

Myst games with Wine

I just finished playing Myst III: Exile this evening. I knew the villain looked familiar, so I looked up the actor. Turns out that Brad Dourif has been on The X-Files, Babylon 5, and The Lord of the Rings. No wonder I recognized him!

My computer runs Linux, but I was able to play the game just fine using Wine. It all went so smoothly, that I tried installing Myst IV: Revelation so I could start playing it immediately. No luck there, unfortunately. The installation went fine, but when I try to run it, I just get a splash screen and it dies. *sigh* I'm not the only one with that problem, at least, but it doesn't help me play my game right now. I guess I'll try again later, either fiddling with my configuration, or (*gasp*) booting into Windows for the first time in ages. It's probably for the best; I still need to go to work in the morning and it wouldn't do to get drawn in to another game tonight.

No comments: