Friday, July 30, 2004

New eyes

I had my eyes examined today. My precription has changed a bit. They gave me a new pair of contact lenses to try out and have checked in a week. If my eyes don't complain I'll buy a year's supply of them. Things always look a little surreal with an updated precription. I never realize how much I adapted to slightly outdated lenses until I get new ones and everything is extra-sharp again.

I also got a new pair of glasses and let myself be talked into buying a nice pair of sunglasses. They had a discount for the second frames, and sunglasses are ever so important out here. I do have to admit that they seem to fit better that the cheap pair I had been using. My old pair has now been downgraded to backup status.

So, I've taken advantage of my vision plan. Next up, find a dentist and use that dental coverage. Yay, job with good benefits!

No comments: