Friday, February 18, 2005

Rain in the desert

It's been raining off and on all day. It's rather pleasant, although I find the sound so relaxing that I find myself wanting to take a nap instead of finishing my Friday's work. The lack of sunlight is probably contributing to that. I just hope the drive home goes smoothly. Many of the streets here don't seem to have any drainage at all.

Weaving was fun last night. I took my first project off the loom and measured the warp for my second one. I got my cross secured to the breast beam with lashed down lease sticks and started to sley the reed before I had to go home. I'm thinking that I might come in to the shop tomorrow afternoon to finish warping, since I know how to do that part myself, and then I'll be all ready for the new stuff in Monday's class. We're going to be weaving twills for the second project! Man, I'm so hooked on this stuff already.

No comments: