Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Countdown to Turkey Day

This year we are going to spend Thanksgiving with my father-in-law and his family. I don't really know them all that well, but they seem nice enough. What I am not looking forward to is six straight hours on a plane tomorrow. Why six hours? We're flying to Boston via Phoenix. Phoenix? Isn't that to the west? Shouldn't we be going east?

I'm working on some gloves for my husband, using my nice Brittany birch needles, so those should be non-threatening on the plane. I'd like to come up with some sort of case for them so they don't get broken in my luggage. Oh, and I'd better pack some warm clothing, since they seem to be having "winter" over in the east. I've gotten spoiled living here.

I still need to mail a package of knitted items to my sister. At least the baby socks are large enough that my niece shouldn't outgrow them while I procrastinate about finding a box for this stuff. Since we leave town tomorrow, it looks like I'll be unlikely to send the package in time for my sibling's birthday. Alas!

No comments: