Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lazy evening

We got our new produce box today, so supper consisted of corn on the cob and a salad. It was a nice light supper for a warm summer evening.

My husband is teaching some astronomy students tonight, so I'm websurfing and watching an episode of . It's the episode where Mr. Burns hit Bart with his car. "Smithers, release the hounds!"

Having my computer in the same room as the television is causing some interference. The monitor seems to induce some static on the television. It's only a problem when I'm in full veg-out mode, like I am tonight.

I've cast on for a pair of socks using some yarn from my stash, but I don't know if I have enough to complete this pair. I might have to make stripes or something. I used Judy's magic cast-on, figuring I should actually use it after mentioning it in my pattern. I actually used a cast-on that involves a bit of double-knitting for Widdershins, since I had already knit the socks by the time the spring issue went live. Linking to a nice pictorial explanation was a lot easier than trying to explain the method I picked up from a book several years ago. I have to admit, Judy's cast-on is pretty slick. I think I may have a new favorite cast-on for toe-up socks.

Categories: , , ,

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Thanks for the Widdershins pattern! I merged it with my usual k2p2 socks and am psyched to have found a toe-up sock heel that I like, as you can see on my most recent blog entry. You done good! :-)

Diane said...

I popped over from knitty.com - I have knitted socks both short row toes up and top down - thanks for combining the best of both worlds! Also, I also get organic produce delivered in California from Organic Express, and also too often plan meals around what is fresh that week.