Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Some paranoid person at work thinks that it looks bad for me to knit during meetings. It's not as if I do it when I'm actually part of the meeting, but if I'm going to be stuck in a four hour meeting as an observer with nothing to contribute, I need to keep my hands busy to pay attention. I was sitting off in the back of the room out of the way! I bet this guy wouldn't have had any problem if I had paid no attention at all and doodled on a piece of paper, but since I had my yarn out it could "give the wrong impression to the customer". What impression is that, that people in our company are capable of multitasking? I wonder if he is one of those people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

Anyway, just because of one anti-knitter in another department, I'll have to find something else to do if I'm ever in one of those interminable meetings with people from outside my department. Knitting was perfect. I could channel my fidgeting into something constructive, and I didn't have to look at my hands while I did it. *sigh* Oh, well. I guess I may just have to give up on paying attention in those things. I have a another long meeting in the morning, so I'd better come up with something quick.

I'm not feeling as light-headed now. I think drinking a bunch of water and just sitting in my office all afternoon helped my body recover a bit from the blood donation.

No comments: