Thursday, July 28, 2005

Yeah, I'm a knitter

I have a plane flight tomorrow and still need to pack. I've been devoting more thought to my yarn than my clothes and toiletries. My thoughts generally go something like this: I'll want to bring those socks to finish them when I have my brother-in-law's foot handy, but the little needles might not be appropriate for the plane. I'd better come up with a project on fat plastic needles for the flight, maybe washcloths. Hmm, I don't think I have any kitchen cotton in my stash. I need to buy yarn tonight! I force myself to snap out of it at this point.

I just know that I'll be digging through my yarn closet tonight trying to find something small and non-threatening that I can take past airport security. Too bad I'm such a fan of sock needles. Maybe my wooden double-points would be okay, but I would really hate to lose them to the airline. I could hide them with my toiletries! Or I could pretend they are hair accessories! Visions of smuggling fiber and accessories flash through my mind. *cue Mission Impossible theme*

No comments: