Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Do not leave the building

The PA system in the hallway is telling us to "shelter in place" and "this is not a drill." Unlike other sorts of alarms, like fire alarms or someone smelled something strange in the building alarms, this alarm just means we all should stay in the building and keep doing what we were doing. It's a pretty lame alarm. Of course, this would happen on one of the rare days when I have a meeting scheduled in another building. The meeting is at 3:00, so I hope they send the all-clear in the next 20 minutes or so. If not, I guess my coworker and I will get to call and delay the meeting a bit, or sneak out of the building. ("Oh, we were supposed to stay in there? Well, since we're already out, can we just keep going?" Eh, maybe not.)

No comments: