Thursday, December 01, 2005

The buzz is back!

I actually went to the meeting this morning without any caffeine, but by early afternoon I gave in and had a Diet Pepsi. At least I have proven I can still go without it for a while.

I think I've figured out why my current task at work is annoying me so. Much of what I do involves thinking about the problem at a fairly high level, possibly while taking a walk, and then implementing the solution I have devised. Lately, I'm working on a script to extract information from database tables and reconfigure it into a more hierarchical structure. This requires enough thought that I can't just automate it, but it isn't really mentally challenging, so I find my mind wandering and I get distracted by things I wouldn't notice if I were deep in a code fugue. I'm just going to have to force myself to slog through it, no matter how tedious and painful I find it to be. *sigh*

No comments: