Tuesday, December 27, 2005

PA interlude

It's been a nice visit here in Pittsburgh. I hadn't been visited my mother-in-law for a couple of years, so this was the first time staying with her as a married couple. In past years, my husband would sleep on the twin bed in his old room and I would stay in his sister's old room. That would have been a little strange this year. Fortunately, in the intervening time, his mother has turned his old room into a guest bedroom, complete with a nice queen bed. This room also has her computer desk, so I'm able to take advantage of that during a quiet moment (like right now).

My husband is down in the garage, helping his sister clean out her car. She is resolving to quit smoking this year, and thinks having a nice fresh car will help reduce the temptation to light up there.

My mother-in-law gave everyone beginner bridge books, so we've been trying to learn how to play. I never picked up that particular card game, although I did play assorted others in college. I'm not that fond of card games with partners, since having someone else depending on me means that I actually have to pay attention to the game. We'll see how it goes. My husband has mentioned wanting to play this game for quite some time, so I'll try to be interested, at least while I'm here.

A couple of people gave us gift cards for Christmas, so my husband, my sister-in-law, and I went shopping this afternoon. My husband spent most of the time napping in a chair with our coats while his sister and I tried on many pairs of pants. It was annoying, but I managed to get two promising pairs of pants out of the ordeal, and my sister-in-law found three pairs of jeans.

It has been a pleasant visit here. Tomorrow afternoon with fly off to Indiana, stage two of the 2005 Holiday Tour. I hope I can fit all this stuff back in my luggage!

No comments: